Girls and Boys Club to host anti-bullying rally | Events
The Boys and Girls Club of Central Alabama will host an anti-bullying rally tonight, Nov. 17 at 6 p.m. They will present the rally with the Pell City School System and City of Pell City. According to Richard Curry, unit director for the Pell City Boys and Girls Club, the groups have come together because every seven mintues a child is bullied at school and they want to spread awareness about the damaging effects of this behavior.
Some members of the Boys and Girls Club will perform and some special guets will also attend the rally. Mayor "Bill" Hereford will speak along with Brian Earley of Think2Change.org. Earley graduated from UAB with a degree in child development and he speaks to schools about the effects of bullying and depression on students. Jamison Willis, who appeared on "Alabama's Got Talent" will perform as well.
The rally will take place at the Sports Arena at Pell City Center for Education and Performing Arts, which is located next to the Pell City High School campus. For directions, click here.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222