Man taken into custody for firing shots near Margaret | News
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- A man has been taken into custody after police responded to a report of multiple gunshots being fired in the Margaret area of St. Clair County.
Margaret police, Argo police and the St. Clair County sheriff's deputies responded to the South Hillcrest subdivision in the 600 block of South Hillcrest Road around 6:30 p.m. after hearing reports of the gunfire. The suspect refused to cooperate with police at first but he was soon taken into custody without incident.
The suspect has not yet been charged, but Margaret's mayor says it's a misdemeanor to discharge a firearm.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222