The Birmingham News cutting back on print editions | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- Dramatic changes are in store for the Birmingham News and sister publications through the state.
The staff of the state's largest newspaper was told Thursday morning The Birmingham News will publish printed editions three days a week; Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. The changes take place in the fall.
In an announcement today, executives announced a new digital media company, The Alabama Media Group. It will include The Birmingham News, The Press Register of Mobile, The Huntsville Times and AL.com.
Several reporters with the paper spread the news on Twitter. They were told the change will lead to a reduction in the workforce.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222