St. Clair County Sheriff’s deputy injured on I-20 | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- A St. Clair County Sheriff's deputy was injured while on I-20 on Friday morning.
Captain Billy Murphy says deputy Matt Mullinex was responding to a fuel on the interstate when he became pinned between the trailer of an 18-wheeler and a fire truck.
Authorities have not yet released how he was injured or the extent of the injuries. We do know he was taken to UAB Hospital.
Captain Murphy says Mullinex should be released from the hospital sometime Friday.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222