19-year-old charged in grandmother's murder | News
MOODY, AL (WBRC)- Police have arrested and charged a 19-year-old in the murder of his grandmother after a five-month investigation.
Moody Police Chief Thomas Hunt says that Joseph Paul Batson is being held in the St. Clair County Jail on a $250,000 bond. Hunt says that Batson's grandmother, Mavis Batson, 59, was suffocated in June of this year.
Authorities say he was living with his grandmother at the time of her murder. The only motive officials have released is that he was angry with his grandmother.
Check back to MyFoxAl.com for additional information as it becomes available.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222