Preliminary hearing set for teen accused of killing his grandmother | News
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- A grandson accused of killing his grandmother has a preliminary hearing for set for Jan. 29.
Police say Joseph Batson confessed to killing his grandmother Mavis Batson at her home in Moody last June. Moody police say the death was investigated for months and that Batson finally confessed to Moody police.
Batson allegedly killed his grandmother by suffocating her with a pillow.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222