Free tax prep available for qualified residents | News
Non-profit Impact Alabama is now offering free tax preparations to Birmingham-area families that qualify for the SaveFirst initiative.
The free service is available to families that make less than $50,000 a year with children in the home or $20,000 without children in the home. Preparation sites are located in Bessemer, Smithfield, Woodlawn and West End.
Participating families will also have a chance to enter the SaveNow WinLater Sweepstakes for the chance to win a $10,000 cash prize by investing in savings bonds. Every $50 invested in savings bonds is a chance to win the jackpot.
Those interested in participating in SaveNow WinLater or in scheduling a free tax preparation appointment should call 1-888-99-TAX-AL.
Birmingham – Smithfield
Birmingham Public Libraries, Smithfield Branch
#1 - 8th Ave W, Birmingham, AL 35204
Birmingham – West End location
Birmingham Public Libraries, West End Branch
1348 Tuscaloosa Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
Birmingham – Woodlawn location
Birmingham Public Libraries, Woodlawn Branch
5709 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35212
Bessemer Public Library
400 19th St N, Bessemer, AL 35020
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222