Body found in Trussville pond identified | News
TRUSSVILLE, AL (WBRC)- UPDATE: The funeral time for Carroll has been set for Friday at 11 a.m. at Oak Hill Cemetery in Oneonta.
ORIGINAL STORY: A body found Saturday inside a vehicle submerged in a Trussville pond has been identified as a Margaret man.
The Jefferson County Coroner said Michael Carroll, 41, was identified Monday by dental records. He had been missing for almost a year.
Carroll's body and his vehicle were discovered Saturday afternoon as firefighters were removing another abandoned vehicle from a small lake at the intersection of Camp Coleman Road and Highway 11. Detectives with the Trussville Police Department says it appear Carroll's truck entered the water at a high rate of speed.
Carroll had not been seen since Feb. 5, 2012, when he left his brother's house saying he was going to work.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222