Teen accused of grandmother's murder to face judge | News
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- A St. Clair County teenager accused of smothering his grandmother to death has had his preliminary hearing delayed.
hearing was scheduled for Tuesday for 19-year-old Joseph Batson, but it
has now been moved to February 19. Police say Batson suffocated
59-year-old Mavis Batson with a pillow last November.
The only motive released was that the teenager was angry with his grandmother.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222