Pell City bus driver on leave for alleged misconduct with a minor | News
PELL CITY, AL (WBRC)- A Pell City bus driver is on leave pending a criminal investigation according to the school system.
A statement from Assistant Superintendent Michael Barber says the unidentified driver is being investigated by law enforcement officials for what he calls "alleged misconduct with a minor."
Barber says in the statement that the alleged misconduct happened away from a school campus while the driver was off duty. Barber says the female driver has been employed by the Pell City School system since February 2007. He calls the allegations "serious" and adds that "the driver has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the criminal investigation."
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222