Police investigate Ashville murder-suicide | News
ASHVILLE, AL (WBRC) - A woman was found deceased in her home along Highway 231 near Ashville High Wednesday night when police repsonded to a call about gunshots in the area. The victim has been identified as Brenda Crocker Potts, age 54.
Mayor Robert McKay said that when police arrived to the home, the victim's husband, Kenneth Wayne Potts, made a threat. Police sought cover and soon after, heard a gunshot.
They found the man suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head. The 58-year-old man was airlifted to UAB Hospital where he later died. Ashville Police have called the case a murder-suicide.
Copyright 2011 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bibb Co. coach says losing 16-year-old player like a punch in the gut
- Jemison grade schooler wins Iron Bowl tickets in reading contest
- Man, 23, killed in wreck near West Blocton
- Clanton PD says efforts have reduced I-65 wrecks by 23 percent
- All lanes of I-65 in Chilton County reopened near mile marker 222